This week’s special guest is the man behind everyone’s favorite tacos & tortas.
You may know him as Vegicano, but did you know he was also a touring blues musician??
After years of touring under the name Brownbird Rudy Relic, he recently decided to change careers to focus on food. He now goes by Vegicano, and is well-known in the NYC vegan community for his beautiful tortas and tacos, which he sells at Vegan Shopup.
We cover a variety of topics, including his musical past, “avocado math,” the early vegan scene in NYC, the hardships of switching careers, his road to Shopup, and more.
FOLLOW RUDY ON IG: @vegicano
Intro/outro music by Ellis Delta: soundcloud.com/ellisdelta
Transition music by our very own Brownbird Rudy Relic: http://brownbirdrudyrelic.com/videos
Follow me on Instagram: @runningvegannyc
Tweet at me: @wildmanna
Email me: email@example.com
Read my blog: runningvegannyc.com/
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
- Diet For A New America by John Robbins
- Rudy’s music: brownbirdrudyrelic.com
- Food Not Bombs, the organization that takes food that would have been discarded to feed the hungry with vegan meals.
- Rudy’s site: https://vegicano.com/