This week we have NYC’s biggest and baddest vegan foodie: Crystal Pang, aka Vegan Eats NYC.
She’s a Queens native, NYU student, and magician; she can find vegan food at the most unlikely locations.
We chat about growing up in Queens, her Singaporean background, finding vegetarianism as a prepubescent girl, her cooking failures, and more.
Listen on iTunes: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/running-vegan-nyc
or on my Stitcher page: runningveganradio.libsyn.com/31-crystal-pang
Intro/outro music by Ellis Delta: soundcloud.com/ellisdelta
Transition music: Squad Goals by Hovey Benjamin: soundcloud.com/hoveybenjamin
CRYSTAL’S IG: @veganeatsnyc
CRYSTAL’S BLOG: veganeatsnyc.com
CRYSTAL’S FB PAGE: facebook.com/veganeatsnyc
SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/running-vegan-radio/
SUBSCRIBE ON GOOGLE PLAY: play.google.com/music/listen
Follow me on Instagram: @runningvegannyc
Tweet at me: @wildmanna
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
The documentaries, events, places, and companies mentioned in episode:
- Marina Bay Sands hotel in Singapore (w/ the famous infinity pool)
- Meet Your Meat w/ Alec Baldwin (the movie that made Crystal go veg.)
- NYC Vegetarian Food Festival (May 20-21 this year)
- Voute Couture (vegan coat company)
- Laika Magazine (vegan lifestyle magazine)
- Unicorn latte in Brooklyn: The End
- Note: The regular unicorn latte is not vegan b/c it contains honey. The purple drink is 100% vegan. The sprinkles are also vegan.
- Swarm app (check-in app)
- Veganizer (vegan PR/event company that helps restaurants create vegan menus/pop-up-dinners)
- NYC RESTAURANTS MENTIONED
- Peacefood Cafe (Crystal’s fave NYC vegan restaurant; Union Square)
- Xian Famous Foods (hand-pulled noodles; multiple locations)
- Sweetgreen (aesthetic salad joint; multiple locations)
- Terri (vegan fast food; multiple locations)
- Westville (healthy casual restaurant w/ lots of vegan options; multiple locations)
- Sun In Bloom (healthy vegan food; Tribeca)
- By Chloe (vegan fast food; multiple locations)
- Liquiteria (Juice/smoothies; multiple locations)
- La Colombe (trendy/high-end coffee; multiple locations)
- The new City Acres food court in FiDi will have Cinnamon Snail, Beyond Sushi, Vanessa’s Dumplings, and more.
- Black Fox Coffee (Australian coffee; FiDi)