Welcome to another SOLO-SODE! I talk through the steps of how to increase your mileage safely, whether you’re a beginner or seasoned runner. I also give some tips on other ways to prevent injury.
Listen on Apple Podcasts ¦ Google Play ¦ Libsyn
Thanks for listening!! :)
Intro/outro music by Ellis Delta: soundcloud.com/ellisdelta
Follow me on Instagram: @runningvegannyc
Tweet at me: @wildmanna
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Run 3 times a week, 1-3 miles each run
- Only increase mileage (either add a day of running or tack on a mile or two to one of the runs) once you’re completely comfortable with the mileage
- Once at baseline (mileage you are completely comfortable with), follow 10% rule until you reach peak mileage (or “danger zone”)
- Only increase 5-10% once in that “danger” zone
- Include a cut-back week (should have 10-20% less mileage than previous high-mileage week) so your body can rest and recover
RUNNERS WHO JUMP BACK IN AFTER A BREAK:
- No need to start from scratch. You can work up to baseline mileage without following 10% rule– increase 15-20% each week since you’re not completely new.
My running shoes: