Chef Guy is the founder, owner, and creative force behind NYC’s vegan sushi spot, Beyond Sushi. Beyond Sushi is also one of my personal favorites, so I was crazy excited to have him on the podcast to unpack his life story and pick his brain.
We talk about his upbringing in Israel, his experience running his father’s catering business, how he built Beyond Sushi, what it’s like to be a chef, and more.
BEYOND SUSHI SOCIAL LINKS:
Intro/outro music by Ellis Delta: soundcloud.com/ellisdelta
Transition music: スタートアップ国 ｓｔａｒｔｕｐ ｎａｔｉｏｎ by Anonymous420
Follow me on Instagram: @runningvegannyc
Tweet at me: @wildmanna
Email me: email@example.com
SHOW NOTES: People/places/things mentioned in episode
- Institute of Culinary Education (ICE): www.ice.edu/careerinfo/
- NEW Beyond Sushi location coming to 70 Pine St: ny.eater.com/2017/6/5/
- Beyond Sushi Herald Square location: www.yelp.com/biz/beyond-sushi-herald-square-new-york
- Learn more about Glatt kosher:
- Nix: www.nixny.com/
- Crossroads Kitchen: www.crossroadskitchen.com/